Caribbean Jerk Sauce Marinade
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- For marinade, place 4 chicken breasts in baking dish. Pour contents of blender over chicken and cover. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour before grilling.
*Recipe adapted from Smart Chicken.
Simek’s Fiesta Turkey Meatball Bowl
- 1 pkg Turkey Meatballs
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 14.5 oz. can no salt added or reduced sodium black beans, drained
- 10 oz. can fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- Add the rice, water, salt, lime juice and cilantro to a medium pot. Stir well. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 14 minutes. Set aside and keep covered.
- While rice is simmering, thaw and heat Turkey meatballs per package.
- Cut peppers, avocado, and lettuce.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and serve.
*Recipe adapted from Simek’s. Find this and many more of their great recipes here!
- Fresh Pineapple, cored and sliced into rings
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Slice pineapple into 8 rings. Place rings onto the grill grates and grill until slightly charred on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Drizzle with a tablespoon of honey and serve immediately.
Find full version of this recipe plus awesome beer pairings at Pints & Plates!
Sliders With Chipotle Yogurt Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef chuck (93% lean)
- 6 whole wheat slider buns
- 1 1/2 slices mild Cheddar cheese quartered
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- For sauce, in a medium bowl, combine yogurt, chipotle pepper(s), adobo sauce, and cumin. Stir until well blended. Cover and chill to allow flavors to blend.
- For sliders, shape beef into 6 patties about 3 inches in diameter. Cook beef on an outdoor grill or a grill pan over medium heat until center registers 160°F with a quick-read thermometer, turning once during cooking. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon, divided, Chipotle Yogurt Sauce, on top and bottom of each bun. Transfer each beef patty onto a bottom bun. Add a cheese quarter and top bun to each slider. Serve warm.
Recipe Adapted from Midwest Dairy.