- 1/2 Cup Cooked Brown Rice, try microwavable bags
- 1/4 Cup Black Beans, Kidney Beans, or Pinto Beans, drain and rinse
- 3 Oz. Protein, cooked (Chicken, Turkey, or Scrambled Eggs)
- 1/4 Cup Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 Cup Corn
- Shredded Lettuce
- 1/4 Avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Salsa (look for lower sodium salsa, under 140mg)
- 2 Tbsp. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare the brown rice according to package instructions.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine rice, beans, and your choice of protein. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds, or until heated through.
- Add your vegetables, salsa, and shredded cheese on top of the beans and rice.
Dietitian's Tips: Purchase rotisserie chicken earlier in the week and use the leftovers to make this burrito bowl even easier! Purchase reduced sodium or no-salt-added canned beans and vegetables. Drain and rinse for 2 minutes to reduce the sodium up to 40%.
Recipe provided by Reach-Up Head Start Early Head Start