Happy summer everyone!!!
I love this part of summer because my garden Is really taking off and I’m already getting some nice red tomatoes and some fresh zucchini. Now it’s time to find a recipe to use these in.
I’m so excited that I just have to tell you what one of my worst guilty pleasures are. I love gadgets and especially for the kitchen. The other day I was shopping at Coborn’s and I ran into the 3-in-1 Electric Spiralizer and this is the gadget I have wanted so badly. So how could I pass this opportunity up? Of course, I bought it and had to go home and try it. Well I’m in love because it is the best! I took zucchini and yellow squash and replaced pasta with a healthy vegetable. How could I go wrong?
The 3-in-1 Electric Spiralizer comes with three blades and it has several recipes in the package along with the one that I am using today. So, check this out.
- 2-medium zucchini
- 2-medium yellow squash
- 2-tablespoons olive oil
- 1-clove garlic, minced
- 2-tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1-tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-teaspoon salt
- ½-teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼-teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- Using the Spiral disc, add zucchini to the food chamber. Process until completely spiralized. Repeat with yellow squash.
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full of water. Over high heat, boil water. Add zucchini and yellow squash. Cook 15-20 seconds or until tender; drain and cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, sauté garlic and olive oil until tender about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, vinegar, salt and peppers. Cook just until tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve over vegetable pasta.
This recipe was fantastic and I will definitely be serving this recipe again. It tasted so good with the fresh tomatoes and zucchini but it was the garlic and fresh basil that put it over the top. This was one great tasting healthy recipe.
There are so many options with this gadget that I can’t wait to experiment even more. I took carrots and squash and used the spiral blade and sauté them in olive oil and your favorite seasoning and it was unbelievable. Or try cooking chicken with fresh mushrooms and then adding your favorite alfredo sauce and serving that over fresh zucchini.
I found a new way of cooking with fresh vegetables and a whole new way of eating healthy. Hope you get a chance to try these recipes and Enjoy!!!
Coborn’s, Inc. Merchandising Specialist Team Manager – Bakery & Deli
Click Here for more blogs written by Jayne