Happy Fall Everyone!
It’s officially here and the kids have returned to school. Now is time for a little “mom” time during the day until they return. A lot of time, this is where when I had kids at home I got more work done than ever, but the time would fly.
Each day we plan our meals so that when the kids got home they had that great fall comfort food. Today I want to share another one of my favorite recipes and that is “Acorn Squash”. It is so healthy and even as a kid I loved it. The farmers are harvesting and this is a perfect side dish to serve with a wonderful entrée.
- 2 Small Acorn squash halved and seeded
- 1 T. Butter, melted
- 1 T. Brown sugar
- 1 T. Olive oil
- 2 T. Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut each squash piece in half, scrape out the seeds and place cut sides up in 13″*9″ baking dish.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to dish; cover.
- Bake 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Mix butter, sugar and oil; spoon over squash.
- Top with cheese and cinnamon; bake, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Hint: To make squash easier to cut in half; pierce whole squash in several places with sharp knife. Place on microwave plate. Microwave on high for 2 minutes; cool 2 minutes, cut in half.
Hope you like it and enjoy the fall fruits of your labor! See you in a couple weeks.
Coborn’s, Inc. Merchandising Specialist Team Manager – Bakery & Deli
Click Here for more blogs written by Jayne