- 1-1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/4 cup less sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) fresh pineapple rings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (1-ounce) slices reduced fat Swiss cheese
- 4 favorite buns, toasted
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, sliced
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. In medium bowl, gently mix ground chuck, teriyaki sauce, onion, cilantro, mustard, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper until well blended but not overmixed; form mixture into 4 patties.
- Spray pineapple with nonstick cooking spray. Place burgers and pineapple on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until burgers reach an internal temperature of 160° and pineapple is tender, turning once. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, top burgers with cheese and toast buns, cut side down, on hot grill rack.
- Spray bacon with nonstick cooking spray. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- Place burgers on bottom half of buns; top with bacon, pineapple, onion, jalapeño and top half of buns