Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 Cup Plain, Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat White Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Milled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 2 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Medium Apples, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In large bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
- In separate medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mis until just combined. Batter should be lumpy.
- Fold in apples carefully.
- Pour batter evenly into lightly sprayed muffin tin. Makes about 24 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 min. or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Mayo Clinic