Recipe Difficulty: Easy
- Glass or Plastic jar or bowl. Must have a lid.
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Skim or Low Fat Milk
- 1/4 Cup Plain or Vanilla, Non-Fat Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Apple, chopped
- 1/8 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds (optional)
- Always start each recipe by washing your hands. Then, wash the apple with running water.
- Measure out all ingredients, as listed above.
- Have an adult assist with cutting the apple into chunks. Then wash hands.
- In a glass jar, pour in oats, milk and yogurt. Stir lightly.
- Add a layer of chopped apples and top with cinnamon, honey and chia seeds. Stir lightly until all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Place in fridge and let sit overnight. In the morning, stir before eating. Enjoy cold or heat up in microwave.