- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 3/4 Cup Low Fat or Skim Milk
- 1/3 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Light Butter, melted
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Unsweetened Cranberries
- 1 Medium Apple, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a 8 x 8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, pecans, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add in milk, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add in chopped apples and cranberries and fold in using a rubber spatula.
- Pour oat mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven at 375 F for 35-40 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the top is a golden brown.
- Serve with a light drizzle of maple syrup over the top and add a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
For additional flavor, try toasting the pecans on a baking sheet in the oven for 4-5 minutes at 375 degrees. This is a perfect dish to make on Sundays and reheat for an easy breakfast during the week.