These Apple Oatmeal Cups are the perfect convenient and portable snack! This recipe goes to show that apples can be enjoyed in a variety of ways.
- Muffin tin
- Cooking Spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Can opener
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1/2 Piñata® Apple, diced
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Cup Pecans, chopped
- Always start out by washing your hands- for at least 20 seconds.
- First, preheat the oven to 350°F, and spray 6 cups of a muffin pan with cooking spray. You can also use cupcake liners if you'd like as well.
- Next up, measure out the ingredients using the recipe above.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree. (Food safety reminder: always wash your hands after cracking eggs).
- Next, stir in the oats, baking powder, spices, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Lastly, mix in the chopped apples and pecans.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Once done, carefully remove from the oven and let cool slightly before removing them from the muffin tin.
- Store them in the fridge all week and pop in the microwave for 15-20 seconds for easy reheating.
This Kids Cook at Home recipe was sponsored by Stemilt