Apple Quinoa Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash
- 3 Cups Quinoa, cooked
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash, cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/ Rave Apple, cubed
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries, 50% reduced sugar
- Fresh Thyme, for garnish
For the Base
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Cracked Black Pepper, ground
For the Dressing
- As always, wash all produce under running water and let dry.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butternut squash cubes, ground cinnamon and 1 tsp of olive oil. Spread evenly across the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until softened. Stir half way through to ensure even cooking.
- In the same mixing bowl, add in 1/2 tsp of olive oil and sliced onions. Coat evenly. Add to baking sheet with butternut squash for the last 15 minutes of roasting.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- While the vegetables are roasting, roughly chop the pecans and cube the apples.
- When the squash and onions are done roasting, combine the cooked quinoa, apples, pecans and roasted vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add in cranberries and drizzle dressing over the top. Stir well to coat evenly. Garnish w/ fresh thyme.
- Enjoy this salad warm right away, or keep the in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
For more apple inspiration, visit Stemilt.com
Recipe created by