Tender and moist with a crumbly topping, Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins mixes sweet ingredients with spices for a baked good full of flavor. This applesauce recipe is perfect for entertaining or served with breakfast/brunch or as a snack.
- 1-1/2 C. Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1-1/4 C. Whole Wheat White Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 C. Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 C. Fat-free Milk
- 1/2 C. Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg White, lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp. Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Margarine or Butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For muffins, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine applesauce, milk, sugar, oil and egg white; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Set aside.
- For topping, combine the first four ingredients -- oats, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon -- in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Fill muffin cups almost full with muffin mixture. Sprinkle with reserved topping mixture, patting gently. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
Recipe and Image provided by Quaker