Bacon Carbonara Pasta
- 1 Lb. Spaghetti
- 10 Slices Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Shaved Parmesan
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Before draining, set aside 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta, but do not rinse.
- In a large cast iron skillet add bacon and cook until crisp.
- Turn off heat, remove bacon from pan then add pasta to pan and toss in bacon fat.
- Add eggs, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese to a bowl and whisk well.
- Add egg mixture slowly to skillet while tossing pasta quickly to prevent it from scrambling.
- Add in 1/4 cup pasta water and peas, tossing to create a saucy consistency, adding more water if needed to achieve desired thickness.
- Top with bacon and serve.