Beefy Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb. Large Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) Cans Black Beans, with liquid
- 1 (14.5 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 (14 oz) Cans of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Medium Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- 2 Oz. queso fresco, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil followed by the lean ground beef, onion, salt and pepper. Cook until the ground beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chipotle powder, paprika, cumin and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the black beans with juices, diced sweet potato, tomatoes with juices, tomato sauce and water. Season with salt and pepper, again, to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the sweet potatoes become tender, about 20 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with an even amount of avocado slices, cilantro leaves and queso fresco.
Recipe provided by Laura's Lean Beef