Sweet, buttery, and bursting with fresh fruit flavors, Berry Oatmeal Bars is a yummy make ahead recipe perfect for snack or dessert. With its vibrant and juicy ingredients, this recipe makes for a wonderful holiday baked good but is just as good year-round.
- 1-1/2 C. Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1-1/4 C. Whole Wheat White Flour
- 1/2 C. Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 12 Tbsp. (1-1/2 sticks) Margarine or Butter, melted
- 1 C. Fresh or Frozen Blueberries (do not thaw)
- 1/3 C. Raspberry or Strawberry Preserves, sugar free
- 1 tsp. White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon Zest (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine oats, 1-1/4 cups flour, sugar and margarine; mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- In medium bowl, combine blueberries, preserves, 1 teaspoon flour and lemon peel, if desired; mix gently.
- Spread evenly over crust to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
Recipe and image provided by Quaker