Are you ready for the big game? Some of you might be going to a big party and others might be hosting a big party for family and friends at home! So, you’ll need some fun and tasty appetizers to share that are quick and easy to put together.
Well, this year I’m invited to a Big Game Party and just have to bring an appetizer to share. No matter what your plans are I have some simple ideas to share with you that are sure to make game day even more enjoyable!
This first recipe is absolutely fantastic! It’s so easy to make and I’ll tell you what, it is so addicting! I bet you can’t have just one chip with this dip!
- 1 can Refried Beans
- 2-12 oz. Top the Tater Taco Fiesta Dip
- 12 oz. package Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2.25 oz. can black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Spread refried beans on a platter.
- Spread two containers of Top the Tater Taco Fiesta Dip over beans.
- Layer with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Another favorite for any game day is meatballs, and this recipe is simply the best! Simek’s meatballs are the perfect addition to any party. They also have a whole bunch of great recipes so don’t forget to check those out too!
- 22 oz. package of Simek’s Original Meatballs
- 8 oz. beer
- 8 oz. chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Mix beer, chili sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Place meatballs in slow cooker and pour mixture on top of them.
- Heat on low for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
Sometimes you just don’t have time to make anything, so you need to grab something on the go! In our produce department we have Crazy Fresh Guacamole, Picomole, Pico De Galo and our Heat & Serve Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Grab some chips and they’re perfect for sharing!
I also want to introduce you to 4 new salsas that are very exciting in your Grocery Department and they are the Culinary Tours line with Two Corn Salsa (which happens to be my favorite), Peach Salsa, Campfire Roasted and Jalapeno Verde. Another great idea to grab on the way with a bag of chips to share.
Another great idea that’s always quick and easy is pulled pork sandwiches. We have a new Signature Hardwood Smoked Pulled Pork in our meat departments, and let me tell you what, it is simply fantastic! All I did was put that in a crock pot and add my favorite BBQ sauce. So easy!
I love the Big Game! I love the party atmosphere along with all the appetizers and I especially enjoy all the fun that is had with family and friends.
Enjoy the game and I hope your favorite team wins!!