- 8 Oz. Mushrooms
- 16 Oz. Ground Beef
- 1½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- 6 Oz. Diced Onion
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 24 Oz. Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Grease baking sheet and set aside.
- Using food processor, add mushrooms and pulse until finely chopped. If you do not have a food processor, you can use a knife to finely chop mushrooms.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms until softened and darkened in color (about 5 minutes). Set aside; let cool.
- Once mushrooms have cooled, combine mushrooms, beef, Italian seasoning, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and egg in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into 1 inch meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- While meatballs are baking, prepare whole wheat pasta per package directions.
- Serve pasta with meatballs and pasta sauce.
To make this a complete meal, serve with a side of steamed vegetables, fresh fruit, and a glass of low fat milk. This is the perfect way to sneak in more vegetables in one of your family's favorite dishes.