- 1/2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lb. Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 Lb. Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
- Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- Whole Wheat Tortillas or Hard Shell Corn Tortilla Shells
- Pickled Onions
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Shredded Lettuce
- Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Avocado, diced
- Light Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Wash all produce under running water. Be sure mushrooms have been thoroughly washed and dried.
- Using a food processor or a knife, finely chop 1/2 pound of mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add in the ground beef and cook thoroughly, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add in low sodium taco seasoning (and water if needed) and let simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble your tacos with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!