- 1 Cup California Walnuts
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1/4 Cup Plant-Based Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1/4 Cup Pepitas
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9x9 square baking dish with two pieces of parchment paper. Place parchment paper in opposite directions for easy removal.
- Add all the ingredients for the base to a food processor and process on high until fully broken down and the mixture is doughy.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer with a spatula.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients for the crumble mixture into bowl and mix well.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, top with an even layer of the crumble mixture and press it gently into the crust.
- Bake another 12 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 30 minutes prior to lifting the bars out of the pan with the parchment paper. Slice into 12 bars.
- Store the bars in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Dietitian's Tip: Make these at the beginning of the week and have on hand for an easy-grab and go breakfast! Recipe provided by California Walnuts.