- 1½ tsp. Olive Oil
- 1½ Cups Frozen Potatoes O’Brien, thawed and drained
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Whole Milk
- 8 tsp. Salt
- 8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Bagels or English Muffins, split or 8 slices bread
- 8 Slices Tomato, cut thin
- 4 Oz. Ham, thinly sliced
- 4 Slices American or Cheddar Cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add potatoes and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, preheat heavy skillet or grill pan over medium heat.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet with potatoes; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs are set, stirring occasionally. Spoon one-quarter of the egg-potato mixture onto bottom halves of each bagel; top each with 1 slice ham, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice cheese and top half of bagel. Spray both sides of sandwiches with nonstick cooking spray.
- In batches if necessary, cook sandwiches 6 to 8 minutes or until bagels are golden brown and cheese melts, turning once and pressing down occasionally with large spatula.
For a healthier version, replace 6 whole eggs with 9 to 10 egg whites and cheese with reduced fat or fat-free cheese.