Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage, ground
- 8 Cups Butternut Squash, cubed seeded peeled
- 1 Large Apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 Large Onion, cut into small chunks
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- ¾ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 6 Oz. Greek Plain Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Chives, chopped (optional)
- In Dutch oven, cook Italian sausage until cooked through. Then remove sausage from the Dutch oven, and set aside.
- In the same Dutch oven, add in squash and let sauté for 4-5 minutes over medium heat before adding in apple, onion, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes until squash, apples and onions have lightly softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth.
- Cover; heat to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer about 20 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, place one third of mixture.
- Cover; blend until smooth.
- Repeat twice to use up remaining soup.
- Return to Dutch oven and add back in Italian Sausage, stir in milk and yogurt.
- Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Before serving sprinkle with chives.