Buttery Garlic Scallops
- 1 Lb. Fresh Scallops
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Slice of Lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp White Wine
- ¼ Cup Water
- Rinse scallops, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet with olive oil and butter.
- Pan sear scallops on both sides until nicely browned, careful to not overcook. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, add garlic and sauté, adding more olive oil if needed.
- Add heavy cream, water, wine, salt and cayenne pepper. Bring to gentle simmer until sauce thickens.
- Return scallops into skillet, add parsley and lemon.
- Once warmed through, turn off and serve immediately over thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
This recipe is also great with shrimp!