Spicy, sweet and oh-so-simple. Ground Beef gets a peppery boost from jerk seasoning, and the freshly chopped mango salsa gives the dish a cool finish.
- 1-1/2 lbs. Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 Tbsp. Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Large Mango, peeled, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Green Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Finely Chopped Seeded Jalapeño Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- Combine ground beef and jerk seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill patties for 13-14 minutes, or until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Lightly season with salt, as desired.
- Meanwhile, combine salsa ingredients in medium bowl, mixing lightly. Serve burgers with salsa.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Recipe and image courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.