Happy New Year and best wishes in 2018!!
I hope all of you enjoyed a wonderful holiday season together with family and friends! As the New Year starts so do the diets and getting back on track with eating healthy foods. I really like this time of year because I set goals on exercising on a daily basis and having more of the healthy items that I enjoy eating. It feels so good to eat right and exercise each day. It gives me so much more energy and I feel rejuvenated! As I go into the new year I really try to eat more types of fresh vegetables and salads and I want to share one of my favorites with you.
- Two 8 Oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
- 2 Colored Bell Peppers, quartered lengthwise
- 1 Jalapeno, halved lengthwise
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Limes
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 Packed Cups Cilantro (trimmed, including the stems)
- 2 Small Hearts Romaine, separated leaves, halved if large
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss peppers and onion with 1 Tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper as well. Cut avocado in half, remove pit and gently rub with 1 tsp oil.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, 7-8 minutes per side; transfer to a cutting board. Grill vegetables until just tender, 4-6 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board as they get done. Grill avocado, cut side down, until charred, 1-2 minutes.
- Slice peppers, separate onions into rings and dice avocado. Let chicken rest until ready to serve, then slice.
- Finely grate zest of 1 lime into a blender. Squeeze 6 Tbsp lime juice. Add honey, cilantro and remaining 2 Tbsp of oil. Puree until smooth.
- Toss romaine with 1/4 Cup of dressing and top with sliced peppers, onions, avocado and chicken. Serve with remaining dressing.
If you love the flavor of fresh cilantro you will really enjoy the dressing over this salad. This is such an easy recipe to make for lunch or a main entrée in the evening. Hope you enjoy!
Coborn’s, Inc. Merchandising Specialist Team Manager – Bakery & Deli