- 4½ Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter (½ stick)
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 Cups Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
- Candy for decorating nests (optional)
- In large saucepot, heat marshmallows and butter over medium heat 5 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate chips and stir with wooden spoon until chocolate melts and mixture is well combined. Remove saucepot from heat; stir in oats.
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Using gloves or moist hands, form chocolate-oat mixture into 1½-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. To form each ball into a nest, place ball in palm of hand; press down on center of ball with fingers to flatten ball and form indentation in the center. Place nests back on baking sheet and cool completely.
- Transfer nests to airtight container and store at room temperature up to 3 days. Fill nests with candy, if desired, just before serving.