Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Brownies
- ¾ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup light extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 whole wheat white flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of flaky sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9x9 baking pan.
- In a blender, puree beans with oil.
- Add eggs, cocoa, sugar, coffee, vanilla and half chocolate chips (melted) to the blender. Blend on medium-high until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to blender and pulse until just incorporated.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips; Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until surface looks somewhat matte around the edges and still a bit shiny in middle, about 20 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting and removing from pan.
- Top with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.