Easter Morning Quiche
- 6 Oz. Ham
- 3 Tbsp Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp. Soybean Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onions, chopped
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (medium, juiced and chopped, about 3/4 cup)
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 3.5 Oz Roasted Red Peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne
- 1 Cup Nonfat Half-and-Half
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch glass pie pan with nonstick spray. Dust the bottom and sides of the pan with the breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; sauté 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and spinach and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the ham and bell pepper. Spoon into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place the cornstarch, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl; slowly whisk in the half and half to blend. Whisk in the eggs and pour the mixture into the pan. Top with the parmesan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until puffed and set. Let the quiche rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, if desired. Cut in wedges and serve.
Recipe created in partnership with the National Pork Board.