Easy Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- 12 oz. Small Pasta Noodles, such as elbows or shells
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 2 1/2 Cups Low-Fat Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Freshly Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling salted water, boil till tender, then drain and rinse with cold water. Toss pasta with 2 teaspoons oil and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in flour. Very gradually whisk in 2 cups milk until smooth and creamy. Stir in garlic powder.
- Stir in cheese until completely melted and fully incorporated. Add a little milk if needed (up to 1/2 cup) to thin the sauce if it is too thick for your liking. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cooked pasta, garnish with cracked black pepper and chopped parsley, if desired, and serve alongside a glass of real milk.
Pair each serving with: 8-ounce glass of milk.
Recipe shared with permission from Midwest Dairy and GotMilk.com