Hey have I got a little guy that is just so cute I just have to talk about. He is the new and up and coming vegetable for those Thanksgiving Dinners. It is the fresh Brussels Sprout! He is the talk around town and you just have to check him out. If you love any type of cabbage he is your man. The flavor is so good, you can enjoy them hot or cold. I have always loved Brussels Sprouts so they will definitely be on my Thanksgiving menu. Here are a couple quick and easy recipes that I want to share with you, featuring… the Brussels Sprout!
Brussels Sprout Salad
- 12 Oz. Brussels Sprouts, outer leaves removed
- 1 Pear, chopped
- 1/3 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Bleu Cheese, crumbled
- ¼ Cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T. Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Holding Brussels sprouts by the stalk, use a sharp knife to cut Brussels sprouts into strips.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl, mix together cranberries, cheese and pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss together until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve and enjoy.
Apple Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1/2 Cup Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 T. Mayonnaise
- 2 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- Mix dressing, mayonnaise and vinegar together.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dressing mixture, mix lightly.
These are two awesome salads and very easy to prepare for Thanksgiving and we all know that we need all the extra time we can get so that we can spend more time with family and friends instead of being in the kitchen. Enjoy and have a very wonderful Thanksgiving to you and your families.
Coborn’s, Inc. Merchandising Specialist Team Manager – Bakery & Deli
Click Here for more blogs written by Jayne.