- 6 Eggs
- 1 Jar (12-16 Oz.) Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese, divided
- 6 100% Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl, beat together eggs, onion, green pepper, and half of the salsa in a medium bowl.
- Spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add egg mixture and cook until firm (similar to scrambled eggs), stirring constantly.
- Add 1/4 cup of cheese to the eggs and continue cooking until cheese melts.
- Add approximately 1/6 of the egg mixture into each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Over the 6 tortillas filled with the egg mixture, pour the rest of the salsa and sprinkle the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe provided by Reach Up Head Start, Early Head Start. Get more recipes here.