- 2 tsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Anaheim Chiles, seeded, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips (about 1/2 cup)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 C. Frozen or Canned Fire-Roasted Corn
- 4 C. Cooked 7-Grain Blend (or brown rice or quinoa), warm
- 3/4 to 1 C. Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 C. Canned Chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 C. Halved Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/4 C. Thinly Sliced Radishes
- Chopped Cilantro, optional
- Chili-Lime Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 C. Grapeseed or Canola Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chiles; cook, stirring occasionally, until chiles are lightly blistered and browned and just tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining teaspoon oil to same pan. Add corn; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until corn begins to lightly blister and brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan.
- To serve, place 1 cup grains in individual serving bowl. Arrange corn, chiles, cheese, chickpeas, tomatoes, avocado and radishes on top of grains, dividing evenly. Garnish with cilantro, if using. Serve with vinaigrette, as desired.
- Whisk lime juice, cumin, garlic, honey, chili powder and salt in a small bowl until well combined. Whisk in oil until blended. Stir in cilantro.
Recipe provided by Midwest Dairy. Recipe courtesy of National Dairy Council. For more recipes, visit www.usdairy.com