Grilled Corn with Parmesan Spread & Basil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed with press (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for sprinkling (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 6 ears of corn, silks and husks removed, cut crosswise in half
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small skillet, cook garlic in oil over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently; cool.
- In small bowl, stir mayonnaise, cheese, lemon juice, red pepper and garlic mixture. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Spray corn with cooking spray. Place corn on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently.
- To serve, brush corn with mayonnaise mixture; sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired, and basil.