- 2 Medium Peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 Medium Jalapeño, halved, seeded and stemmed
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Halibut Fillets, skin-on (about 1½ pounds)
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp.Honey
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped or Thai Basil
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat.
- In medium bowl, toss peaches, jalapeño and 1 tablespoon oil. Place peaches and jalapeño, cut side down, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once. Transfer peaches and jalapeño to cutting board; chop.
- Brush both sides of halibut with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. With clean kitchen towel and tongs, coat hot grill rack with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Place halibut, skin side up, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 7 minutes or until opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°F, turning once. Slide spatula between skin and flesh to remove skin.
- In large bowl, whisk lime juice, honey, ginger, and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Add bell pepper, onion, basil, peaches and jalapeño to lime mixture; toss. Makes about 3 cups.
- Serve halibut topped with relish.
To prevent halibut from sticking to the grill, make sure the grill grates are well oiled and hot before placing it on the grill.
Grill halibut with the skin on and use a fish spatula to turn it only once to help prevent it from flaking and falling apart.
Halibut steaks will take about 10 minutes to grill, and fillets about 7 minutes.