Grilled Honey Lime Chicken
- 1 ½ -2 Lbs. Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
- For the Marinade
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk, canned
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- For the Sauce:
- ¼ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice, fresh squeezed
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- Combine the coconut milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and soy sauce in a shallow casserole dish or zip top bag. Add the chicken and allow to marinade in the refrigerator for 3-12 hours.
- When ready to cook, make the sauce by whisking together the vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, honey and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until thickened and sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the grill on medium heat and oil the grill grates if needed. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill using tongs.
- Cook the chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reads 165°F.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, brush the sauce over the chicken, repeating as desired for a thicker coating and remove from the heat.
- Serve the chicken with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro if desired.