- 4 boneless New York strip steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup drained and quartered kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp drained capers
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cut slits in fat on sides of steaks; place steaks in single layer in glass dish. In small bowl, whisk 2 teaspoons garlic, wine, 2 tablespoons oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley, salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; pour over steaks. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 or up to 4 hours, turning steaks once halfway through marinating.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In large skillet, cook shallot and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic and 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat 2 minutes or until shallots begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, olives and capers; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold in cheese; cover to keep warm.
- Place steaks on hot grill rack; cook, covered, 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium-rare, turning once. Transfer steaks to cutting board; tent with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 145° upon standing.) Serve steaks with Tomato, Olive & Feta Relish.
Helpful Tips: Cutting slits in the fat sides of the steaks prevents them from curling during cooking. To create crosshatch marks on steaks, turn the steaks a quarter turn halfway through the grilling time on each side.