We are getting real close to canning season and preserving those wonderful peaches, jams and sauces and I wanted to introduce you to a wonderful peach that just hit our Coborn’s stores. They are so awesome, fresh and juicy. Don’t pass up an opportunity to try these because they are great!!! Their season starts from the beginning of June towards the end of September and they are awesome when using them for pies, jams, jellies, baking and grilling. Here are a couple recipes that I tried and I want to pass on to you because they were so great!
- 4-California Peaches
- ½- sweet yellow onion, minced
- 1-Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-large tomato, chopped
- 1-bunch cilantro, minced
- 1-teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- Pinch of sea salt to taste
- Rub olive oil over the grates then preheat grill to medium high.
- Grill peaches 8-10 minutes.
- While peaches are, cooling add all the other ingredients into a bowl.
- Dice the peaches and add to bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice all over the salsa and add sea salt to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips and don’t forget the Margarita!!!
Now I also wanted to trying grilling peaches and serving them as a dessert and I found the perfect recipes. There is nothing like hot peaches off the grill along with cold ice cream. They pair perfectly together.
- 4-tablespoons butter
- ¼-cup brown sugar
- ¼-cup rum flavoring
- ½-teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼-tsp. salt
- 4-ripe peaches
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine the first five ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Slice the peaches into sixths and discard the pits.
- Place the peaches on the grill and get sear marks on each side, making sure not to flip or turn the peaches until they release from the grates.
- Once both sides have a nice char, remove from the grill and place over scoops of ice cream, and slater with the hot buttered rum sauce.
Here is the perfect dessert for a hot summer because it is so refreshing. Enjoy!!!
Coborn’s, Inc. Merchandising Specialist Team Manager – Bakery & Deli
Click Here for more blogs written by Jayne