Halloween is right around the corner and it’s time to start planning your Halloween menu for those great Halloween parties. With the help of the very best Social Media and Video crew we put together our 2nd Annual Coborn’s Halloween Video. It was completed with a lot of laughs and a lot of makeup. We hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed creating it!
The first stop was at the Witch’s Castle and my old friend Skully joined me for the fun. It has been tradition at my house to always make Chili and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches on the night of Halloween for my guests that stop in to visit. So here is the recipe that I use.
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- ¼ Cup Onion, chopped
- 28 Oz. Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 Oz. Tomato Paste
- 10.75 Oz. Tomato Soup
- 4 Oz. Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 15 Oz. Chili Beans
- Cook beef and onions in saucepan until browned.
- Add all other ingredients except the chili beans.
- Cook for 20 minutes and then add the chili beans and cook another 10 minutes.
I always serve an appetizer and this is probably one of the easiest and quickest to put together.
- 2-8 Oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp Salsa
- 3 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeño, minced
- 1 Bag Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Stem of 1 Jalapeño Pepper
- Combine softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, cumin, jalapeño and salsa in a small bowl; combine with hand mixer.
- Roll into ball on a piece of plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- In a bag, smash about 2 cups of Doritos into small pieces.
- Once cheeseball has hardened, roll into Dorito crumbs until well covered.
- Press jalapeno pepper stem into top of ball.
- Serve in the center of a plate surrounded by crackers.
A party isn’t a party without a sweet treat, and I have a great one for you that’s healthy too!
- 2-11 Oz. Cans Mandarin Oranges
- 3 Cups Fresh Cubed Piineapple
- Whipped Cream
- Place a layer of cubed pineapple in a parfait glass.
- Add a layer of mandarin oranges.
- Top off with whipped cream.
- Add candy corn on the top as a garnish.
And, of course, I just have to serve some Witch’s Brew for my guests. Which tastes even better fresh from a witch’s cauldron!
- ½ Gallon Lime Sherbet
- 1-2 Liter Bottle Sprite
- Neon Green Food Coloring (A Few Drops)
- Place Lime Sherbet in you punch bowl
- Slowly poor 2 liters of Sprite into the bowl
- Add a few drops of the food coloring until the green really glows
- Use dry ice and water for spooky smoke
I always make sure I have something for my little friends, too. Luckily, Kemps has a new flavored milk called “Orange Cream Dream”. It’s so yummy! All you have to do is add some vanilla ice cream and it makes the best milk shakes ever. It’s high in calcium and great for your bones. One of Skully’s favorites!
Halloween is a day for Trick or Treating, so here’s my treat… make sure to Like and Share this video for your chance to win a $250 Coborn’s gift certificate, compliments of Kemps!
Have a Safe & Happy Halloween!
Coborn’s, Inc. Merchandising Specialist Team Manager – Deli and Bakery