Hatch Chile Chicken Alfredo
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- Melissa's Hatch Chile Powder
- 3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Roasted, Peeled, Stemmed, Seeded and chopped Hatch Chiles
- 1 Lb. Uncooked Fettuccine or Zucchini Noodles
- 3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Thinly Sliced Green Onion, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. If using fettuccine noodles, bring large pot of salted water to a boil
- In large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over high heat until shimmering. Season chicken with Hatch Chile powder and salt. Brown chicken in skillet, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet and bake until internal temperature reaches 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then slice into strips.
- Heat cast-iron skillet over medium heat and ad the 2 remaining Tbsp of oil along with garlic. Sauté garlic 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Stir in wine,then add in heavy cream. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until sauce is creamy and reduced by half, 10-15 minutes.
- Add chiles and chicken to sauce, store to coat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cooke fettuccine al dente according to package directions; drain. If using zucchini noodles, heat medium saucepan with olive oil, add zucchini and any desired seasonings. Fry, stirring occasionally, to desired doneness.
- Add 1/2 cup parmesan to the sauce and season with sea salt and pepper.
- To serve, place pasta or zucchini on large rimmed plate and top with cream sauce. Garnish with green onions and remaining parmesan.