Hawaiian Smoothie Bowl
Prep: 15 minutes plus freezing • Serves: 2
- 1 cup original (sweetened) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen chopped mango
- 1/2cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Chopped fresh mango, toasted coconut, chopped macadamia nuts and fresh raspberries for garnish (optional)
- In glass, stir coconut milk and seeds; let stand 10 minutes.
- Add banana, mango, pineapple juice, honey and coconut milk mixture to blender; purée until smooth. Makes about 3 cups.
- Divide mixture into 2 serving bowls. Top smoothies with chopped mango, coconut, nuts and/or raspberries, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
263 Calories, 6g Fat (3g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol,
21mg Sodium, 53g Carbohydrates, 7g Fiber, 3g Protein
> Use a rubber spatula to scrape the chia seed gel that has settled to the bottom of the glass into the blender.