- 16 Oz. Package Small Elbow Macaroni
- 10 Oz. Package Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Cups Frozen Crinkle Cut Carrots
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 4 Oz. Package Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 Cups Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Prepare elbows as label directs; drain, return to saucepot and cover.
- In medium saucepot, cover and cook cauliflower, 2 cups milk and carrots over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until milk is steaming; uncover, reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes or until carrots are very tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to blender; purée until smooth.
- In large saucepot, melt butter over medium heat; add flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining 1 cup milk; heat to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in cauliflower mixture, salt and pepper; gradually stir in cheeses until smooth and creamy. Fold in elbows. Makes about 8 cups.
Hidden veggie cheese sauce is also great served over chicken, broccoli or baked potatoes.
Try serving topped with toasted breadcrumbs and/or halved grape tomatoes.