We've taken this quintessential cajun dish and made some simple swaps to lower the sodium and reduce the carbs. Enjoy this one pot dish full of southern flavor!
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Celery Ribs, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 Lb. Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 1/2 Lb. Frozen Shrimp
- 1 Can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 Cups Unsalted Chicken Broth
- 8 Cups Fresh Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Red Pepper (small, 1/2" chopped)
- 1 Green Pepper (small, 1/2" chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onion, for garnish (optional)
- Add oil, onions, garlic, celery jalapeno, Creole seasoning, thyme, sausage, shrimp, diced tomatoes and chicken broth to Instant Pot in that order.
- Close and lock the lid, set the floating valve on sealing. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When finished, do a quick release of the pressure. Open lid when safe to do so.
- Stir in cauliflower rice and peppers, let sit for 5 minutes with the lid on to steam. Garnish with parsley and green onion.
This recipe was created in partnership with our friends and farmers at the National Pork Board.