We’re excited to announce that our own Jayne will be on a cooking segment with Pat Evans on Kare 11, Saturday, November 5th on the morning show. Be sure to tune in for these great recipes and Jayne’s network television debut!
UPDATE: The show has aired. You can watch Jayne’s debut below:
Maple Chicken and Carrots
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 T. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 T. Ground Mustard
- ½ tsp. Thyme Leaves
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 3 Large Carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-“thick rounds
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add chicken breasts and sear 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and transfer to a plate.
- Save pan drippings.
- Add apple cider vinegar to skillet and scrape up bottom bits from pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add garlic, maple syrup, mustard, thyme, and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over the chicken, right in the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, toss carrots with remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Nestle carrots into skillet and bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and carrots are tender.
Quinoa Almond Salad
- 1 Cup Quinoa, uncooked and rinsed
- 2 Cups Water
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ Cup Sliced Almonds
- ¼ Cup Dried Cranberries or Cherries
- • Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 T. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 T. Sunflower Oil
- 2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat quinoa, water and salt to boiling in 2 quart saucepan, stirring once or twice; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove saucepan from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with fork; cool 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat all vinaigrette ingredients with whisk.
- Mix vinaigrette, quinoa and remaining salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Serve warm, or cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Pear and Bleu Cheese Salad
- 10 oz. Torn Mixed Salad Greens
- 2 Fresh Pears, sliced
- 1 Medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Sliced Walnuts, toasted
- ½ Cup Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- ½ Cup Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- Toss greens with pears, onions, pine nuts and cheese in a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and mix together lightly.
- Serve immediately
Click here for more great recipes from Jayne!