Labneh with Infused Chili Oil
- 4 Cups Plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro (leaves and tender stems)
- Flakey Sea Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Arrange cheesecloth in a small strainer placed in a bowl. Ensure strainer rests a few inches above bottom of the bowl. Spoon yogurt into strainer and place covered in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- Once yogurt has strained, remove labneh from strainer and place in a medium bowl.
- Combine Labneh and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil, scallions, crushed red pepper flakes, and cilantro in a small pot over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the scallions and red pepper flakes start to visually and audibly sizzle and turn the oil a bright orange (note: if your oil doesn’t turn red or orange, your chili flakes might be old - just keep an eye on your oil).
- Spoon oil mixture on top of labneh. Swirl. Top with extra cilantro, if you like.
- Serve with small boiled potatoes, vegetables, pita chips, potato chips are really anything you think will taste good dipped in a salty, slightly spice, creamy dip!