This chicken recipe is not only extremely easy to make, it’s also very refreshing. Even though you have to bake it in the oven now, I plan on making this same recipe on the grill to make a wonderful summer recipe too. The lemon and garlic pair so well together and it really has a wonderful flavor. Enjoy… I will!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 3 1/2 T. Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 4 1/2 Lbs. Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Line shallow baking pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix garlic, cumin and lemon juice.
- Place chicken in re-sealable plastic bag.
- Add in lemon juice mixture; shake to evenly coat chicken.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in baking pan.
- Cut 1 lemon into 8 wedges and place among chicken in pan for extra flavor while baking.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake 1 hour and until internal temperature of chicken reaches at least 165 degrees.
- If baking with skin on the chicken, remove foil after baking 1 hour and broil 2 to 5 minutes or until top of skin turns golden brown.
- Before serving, sprinkle chicken with parsley.