- 2 Cups Pizza Sauce
- 1 Pkg Italian Style Meatballs
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 Cups Sliced Green and/or Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Sliced Yellow Onion
- 4 (6-inch) Hoagie or Sub Buns
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella and/or Parmesan Cheese
- Heat sauce and meatballs in large skillet to simmering over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spray second large skillet with cooking spray. Cook bell peppers and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp and lightly browned.
- Slice buns lengthwise in half but do not cut all the way through buns. Spoon meatballs and sauce into each bun. Sprinkle with cheese and evenly divide pepper-onion mixture over cheese.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 647 Calories, 37g Fat (16g Saturated), 80mg Cholesterol, 2085mg Sodium, 55g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 33g Protein