Mediterranean Diet Friendly | 1 cup of Veggies per Serving | Protein + Fiber = Satiety | Made with Lean Pork | Free from Eggs | Free from Gluten
- 12 oz. Pork Loin Roast, trimmed of fat
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp. Salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp. Black Pepper, divided
- 1 Sweet Onion, chopped
- 3 C. Chicken Stock, no salt added
- 3/4 C. Sorghum, whole-grain, rinsed and drained
- 1 C. Garbanzo Beans, canned (also known as chickpeas) rinsed, drained and dried with paper towels
- 1 1/2 C. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 C. Arugula
- 1 C. Cucumber, chopped
- 2/3 C. Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 C. Kalamata Olives
- Cut pork loin into 1-inch cubes. Place in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Pour half of the olive oil mixture over meat (reserve remaining half). Seal bag; turn to coat meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add stock and bring to a boil. Add sorghum. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 to 60 minutes or until the sorghum is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange chickpeas on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with reserved olive oil mixture; toss to coat. Roast in preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes or until chickpeas are toasted and crispy, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and set oven temperature to 500°F.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade. Divide meat amongst 6 wooden or metal skewers. Arrange skewers on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in the center, turning once halfway through.
- To serve, divide cooked sorghum between 6 shallow bowls. Top with tomatoes, arugula, cucumber, feta cheese, olives, chickpeas and Red Lentil Hummus. Serve with pork skewers.
- Red Lentil Hummus Recipe: In a small saucepan combine 1 1/3 cups water and 1/3 cup dried red lentils and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes or until lentils have split and become soft. Cool and transfer to a food processor. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon tahini, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and process 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator up to 5 days until serving time.