- 1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1 Can (28 Oz.) Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cans (15 Oz.) of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Pasta, dry (Try elbow noodles or small shells)
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in oil, chopped onion and celery. Saute for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add in garlic powder, broth, diced tomatoes, beans, dry pasta, Italian seasoning as well as salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until pasta is al dente.
Dietitian's Tip: Serve with a side of fresh fruit and a whole grain dinner roll for a complete meal.
Recipe provided by Reach Up Head Start, Early Head Start. Get more recipes here.