Mini Lemon Blueberry Walnut Muffins — ”Brain Bites”
- 1 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Gound Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 Cup 2% Milk
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Chopped Walnuts, divided
- 2/3 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 11×7 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Stir together oats, walnuts, coconut, cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon and dates in a large bowl.
- Add honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are chopped and stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and press down very firmly using a spatula or your hands. (Covering mixture with a piece of parchment or plastic wrap and pressing down with your fingers makes this easier.)
- Bake for 25 minutes, then let cool completely. Remove from pan and cut into 8 equal bars.
Recipe shared with permission from California Walnuts