Mother’s Day is a few weeks away and I don’t know about you but my favorite way of celebrating Mother’s Day is at the lake especially if it is a beautiful Minnesota spring day! By the time Mother’s Day is here I have the spring-cleaning done at the cabin, the patio furniture is out at the lake and the outside fireplace is working. The dock is in along with the boat and I’m ready anytime for summer weather.
The other night when I was planning my next video blog I was thinking of what I would like on Mother’s Day and I thought it would be fun to share some quick and easy drinks that I enjoy all summer long. These are great drinks to serve mom before you make her that delicious brunch or dinner. Just make sure you are making and serving them to her while she enjoys the day. Happy Mother’s Day to all!!!
- 16 oz. glass with ice
- 1-1/2 oz. Malibu Rum
- ½-can lemon lime cola
- ¼-cup pineapple juice
- ¼-cup orange juice
- Place ice in a glass
- Add all ingredients
- Stir and enjoy this refreshing drink!
- 1.5 liter of Moscato Wine
- 1-can frozen limeade concentrate, defrosted
- 1-cup strawberries, diced plus 1-cup strawberries sliced
- 1-lime sliced
- 2-liter lemon lime soda
- Place 1 cup of diced strawberries and ¼-cup of limeade in a blender and puree.
- Pour into pitcher and then add remaining limeade and Moscato then stir.
- Chill in refrigerator and garnish with strawberry and lime slices.
- When ready to serve top each glass with lemon lime cola.
- 8-cups of ice
- 1-cup pineapple juice
- ½-cup blue curaçao
- ½-cup vodka or light rum
- ½-cup cream of coconut
- In a blender, blend ice, pineapple juice, blue curaçao, vodka and cream of coconut until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour in glasses and serve immediately.
Happy Mother’s Day and enjoy!
Click Here for more blogs written by Jayne