Oatmeal Carrot Cake Bread
- 1 Cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat White Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Carrots
- 2 Cups Raisins
- 1/2 Cups Chopped Walnuts
- 8 Ounce Can of Crushed Pineapple in juice – undrained
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom only of (2) 8 x 4 inch loaf pans or (1) 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or grease lightly.
- Combine oats and milk in medium bowl; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Add pineapple (including juice), eggs, oil and vanilla; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- Add oat mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes (8 x 4-inch pans) or 60 to75 minutes (9 x 5-inch pan) or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.
Recipe provided by Quaker