This tasty brunch casserole filled with eggs, veggies, and cheese will allow you to spend more time with you family and less time in the kitchen.
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Cups Low Fat Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Colby or Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 tsp. Ground Mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 6 Sliced Whole Wheat Bread, cubed
- 12 oz Turkey Kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Onion (About 2 small onions)
- 1 Cup Green Pepper, chopped (About 1 pepper)
- 1 Cup Red Pepper, chopped (About 1 pepper)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, mustard, pepper and salt. Add bread, kielbasa, onions and peppers; stir well until the bread is completely absorbed. Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir basil into egg mixture. Pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until eggs are set.
Recipe and images provided with permission from the Midwest Dairy Council